Saturday, 10 May 2014

Santa Claus is coming to town.

Just not today.....but he is coming and so my preparations continue with the advent houses and here's no.4.



I added a small metal Christmas tree charm to this one along with copious amounts of glitter glue. I used wire cutters to remove the loop from the top of the charm and adhered using my fav 3d clear gloss finish, so this one isn't moving.

The 4 is a grungeboard number coated in 3d clear gloss and silver glitter. Once dry I gave it a good brush with a soft toothbrush (I keep one in my stash for removing paper from dies) so it won't shed glitter all over the place.

The charm is from a bead shop in London. Occasionally I pop into town with Hubby to meet friends and check out Covent Garden market. There are a couple of bead shops in the area and they have loads of beads and charms ranging from 25p upwards and as you can buy them individually it makes for a cheap way to get a variety. Although it's not worth a trip just for that alone, if you're in town anyway it's definitely worth a look. Check out their website for the address (www.beadworks.co.uk). I can't remember the name of the other one I visit but it's in the same area.


Happy Scrapping.

3 comments:

  1. This is so super pretty, I love it. Well done you on being so prepared :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely. I admire your organisation. I can't even begin to think about Christmas until October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments and as to being organized it's a complete facade. I do love Christmas though, so having a little festive spirit every couple of days is lovely.

    ReplyDelete