Friday, 30 May 2014

Creativity Club Design Team blog hop

Loud fanfare........So here it is my first ever blog hop...woohoo.....If you've arrived here from Nikki's blog (http://www.what-nikki-did-next.blogspot.co.uk/) then you're on the right track. If you just happened by then you picked a good day to drop in. If you're a regular then big thanks for popping by again and maybe you'll continue on the path and visit my fellow team members to see what they've been up to.

We've all been busy creating with the latest products from Docrafts and here's my effort. I was in dire need of a noticeboard but nothing too big, I haven't much wall space available as my craft area is in the eaves.

Prior to hanging


Button Pins



In situ

In case it's not immediately obvious, it's an altered magnetic noticeboard. Here's a piccie of it in it's rather utilitarian original state. I definitely prefer my prettied up version.


Now if you're interested in how I altered the board here's a brief yet informative how to.

Recipe:-

One noticeboard ripe for altering.

Papermania 12 x 12 Midnight Blush Paper Pack
Papermania Adhesive Crochet Border - Oyster Blush
Papermania Dome Stickers - Silver
Papermania Spots and Stripes assorted buttons
Papermania Chalkboard Pegs

Anita's Tacky Glue
Anita's 3d Clear Gloss

Take a cheapie magnetic notice board, I used an Ikea board (202.174.33) priced at £3.

Cut paper to fit magnetic board section and cover in tacky glue right to the very edge. Adhere to the board, smoothing out any bubbles. Let dry. ( If using a board over 12” cover in equal sections and cover paper joins with crochet edging.)

Cover the board edge using Adhesive Crochet Edging, leave slightly long at the corners and trim once stuck down to ensure a clean edge.

Take six plain drawing pins and adhere a button to each pin using the 3d gloss. Top each button with a shimmer dome sticker or gem. Leave to dry.

If your board comes with magnets decorate them with letter sticker or gems.

Make a small paper bag or cone using co-ordinating paper. Cover small pencils with paper and pop in the bag.

Adhere magnets to chalkboard pegs. Pop onto the board once dry,  using one to hold the bag of pencils.

Taadah! Stand back and admire.

                   
I hope you've enjoyed your visit and had time to browse around before hopping off along the path, just click on the links below to visit the next blog and see the latest creations by the team. If you have the time maybe leave a comment, I know it's always appreciated.

Now you know where I am I hope you'll pop back for a visit, it's always nice to have a little company and maybe you'll see something that inspires you to create. 

Happy Scrapping.

Michelle x



28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Paula, so lovely of you to drop by and great to hear from you. Enjoy the hop. x

      Delete
  2. Fabulous project..I've only become a follower of your blog this week..I'm glad I did..that's just what I need in my craft room..which is also in the eaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chidkid, I'm so pleased that you like the project. It is perfect for us girls with less wall space to play with.

      Delete
  3. Michelle, this is a great idea!! The Midnight Blush goes sooooo well with the pegs, I haven't played with mine yet (no time!!) Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans Heather, there are never enough crafty hours in the day are there. x

      Delete
    2. Thans = Thanks obviously, finger trouble....again.

      Delete
  4. This is a great project. lots of great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project, I love making little peg memo boards and notice boards, and this is really super. Those papers are gorgeous too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous alteration. I love the idea of using pegs.
    Clur
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow? Michelle! You blog as if you've been doing it forever! Excellent intro, and wonderful makes from a talented lady! PS what kind of movie business do you and your hubby work in?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're too kind Denise, big thanks to the girls from the team for answering my newbie blogging questions. Ray (hubby) is actually a writer/director and we used to do a lot of commercials but now it's predominantly movies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Looks so professional :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoppity hop..... I love this! What a great project.... and what a brilliant finish to it. Well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a brilliant idea- I LOVE it. Looks gorgeous now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Travelling through the hop - a very clever piece here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A big thank you to everyone for visiting and for the lovely comments. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really clever idea Michelle - it looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi just popped by on my blog hop, Fantastic idea definately going to try this xx http://guffdesignscardcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic project! What a geat idea!
    Hoppy Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi hun popping over from the crafty cafe, wow what a fantastic project i adore it x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the monochrome look for the board!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous project . how useful . popping over fro the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping through :-) Great project, love it. A

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fantastic project, looks really good... I would love to try something like this. It's my first visit to your blog...just following the hop. I will return.

    ReplyDelete