Tuesday, 8 April 2014

What came first the sketch or the layout?

Well in this case it was the layout. The sketch I posted on Sunday was based on this page.



I really liked the simplicity of the design while still using up loads of those scraps that I always seem to have left from any paper line. I used several ink pads to give a subtle mottled effect to the originally white tags and then just added glitter stickers which I coloured with a permanent marker to blend in further. The long flourishes were created using die cut flourishes which I chopped and reassembled to create longer lengths covering the odd join with a die cut flower. The papers are from the Art Deco range by Docrafts.

Happy Crafting.

4 comments:

  1. Love the depth that all the layers and flourishes create on your page, the colour combo works so well and the photo is scrapalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stylish layout, I really like your black swirls and the double layer tag x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment. These tags also work really well using the letters as masks and removing them after the inks dry.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout! Love all the layers and textures

    ReplyDelete