Friday, 25 April 2014

The Eyes Have It

Do you have one of those photos that really strikes you, this is one of mine. I really love the way the eyes just pop and Esme the Eurasian Eagle-Owl was a great model. This was taken at Tropical Wings last year and is just one of a series that I took at the birds of prey demonstration.


I used the Gorjuss paper line from Docrafts for this layout and the subtle palette really enhances the vivid photograph. I still like to use eyelets on my layouts, even though they have fallen somewhat out of favour, I think with some ribbon tied through them they are still a great embellishment but maybe it's just me as I don't see a lot of them on other projects, still it's my layout and I like it.


The other thing I use a huge amount of is Anita's 3d clear gloss, to add dimension or to adhere those heavier embellishments nothing beats it. It's great stuff and at £1.75 a tube an absolute bargain as it lasts forever.



Here's the 3d clear gloss finish in action.




Happy Crafting.

2 comments:

  1. That photo is amazing! I love the effect the clear gloss gives, I might need to track some of that down. Lovely page!

    ReplyDelete