Monday, 24 March 2014

Tell me a story....or not!

We all tell stories with our pages, not always with text, sometimes it’s just enough with a photo. However some stories need to be laid out, the traditions, the new experiences or those moments that just sing to us and we want to recall every detail. I don't always have a major story to tell, I might just have a photo that I love or a moment I just want to document or sometimes I just want to create a layout and I'm perfectly happy to scrap that way.

These two layouts are story ones for me. One more of an experience and the other a real tradition.


The Tea and Tinsel layout was created using a lot of DCWV scraps and a broken Christmas garland. I know everyone says you should use your handwriting on your layouts but I just can't do it, I do try but I always end up thinking it looks worse for adding my scrawl so I end up covering it...hey, it's my layout so I just print my journaling because that's what I like.



 

The Mouse Tale layout was also created with DCWV paper and some American Crafts chipboard, I can't remember the make of the glitter elements but it was a flower and leaf craft tape that I chopped up. I have no problem chopping up paper or altering elements to suit my purpose, I don't consider myself a collector of stash....although Hubby may disagree...I don't have boxes and boxes of paper or card - I think it would drive me crazy trying to decide what to use. This is not to say I don't lust after the stash, I'm not immune to it's charms, but I do try to keep it under control. Sorry, off on a ramble again. Anyway as I was saying, these are just two of my stories, I hope you like them and maybe take time to document some of your traditions.



Happy Scrapping x






 

 


2 comments:

  1. I started by doing ALL my journalling on the PC ... I could spell check it, edit it to fit the space and use some fab fonts for added interest. I haven't done that for ages because I'm just too lazy at the moment, so it's handwriting all the way. I do like the look of printed journalling though, so I might try and do some more.

    Love the layering and happy colours of your pages - loads to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layouts, the colours and papers are gorgeous.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete