Friday, 28 March 2014

Mini Madness!

I do love to make a mini book, some are quick and simple others take a bit more time, paper and thought.

These simple matchbook albums were made for my Docrafts gallery using all Docrafts products. Both albums were made from cardstock which I doubled up to give it more weight and a little more durability. The bigger of the two is a pocket album while the little one is just a card flap album. I find this type of mini really quick to make but still a really sweet gift album and perfect for a special occasion where you have too many photos for a layout but not enough for a bells and whistles mini.


I really like the look of staggered shaded tags in my minis so you'll see this a lot.


 
 I only had a few photos from this family get together but they weren't good enough to be blown up so this little mini was the perfect showcase. I used the Jewels Creativity Club download for this one.


This mini was a little more time consuming. It's an envelope mini but on a small scale, still no less effective. A busy, textured front cover works well with this one and my button addiction is plain to see.


This mini uses products from Docrafts Sew Lovely range, those resin flowers are gorgeous.


See, I said they'd be more staggered shaded tags and these ones I gave a die cut edge to, another fav technique, using the Xcut oblong parenthesis die set.




So that's a few of my more recent minis I'll get around to posting some of the older ones at some point.

Before I go here's the latest crafty find courtesy of The Range (check www.therange.co.uk for your local store) priced at £2.99 complete with a small set of paints and a brush. I discarded these as I intend to cover it in paper and bling.



Happy crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh your mini books are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia, thank you so much for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete