Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Crafty find

I'm always on the look-out for something to use as handles for books or feet for boxes, it can make all the difference....honest.

I found this pack of wooden beads in one of my favourite bits and bobs stores Tiger (check www.tigerstores.co.uk for your local store), for the princely sum of £1.




There are a variety of sizes in the pack, not always four of a kind but like I say I will be using them as handles as well as feet so not a problem for me. As they're wooden I can paint them to match any project but they also do different colour packs, green and a bright selection if you prefer. I will no doubt glue a gem over one hole when using as handles and glue the other side to the book.

When attaching handles of any sort I always use Anita's 3d clear gloss. I love this stuff as it sets like a resin and dries perfectly clear. I also use this a lot to give a raised glossy finish to page elements or alphas. On my Compendium of Wonderments mini book, posted previously, I used the gloss to fill the butterfly embellished charms hanging from the spine and to glaze the elements on the album cover. It really is one of my can't do without products.

Happy crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Another Tiger fan here. :o)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, glad I'm not the only one who's addicted to the place.

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete