Saturday, 15 March 2014

Boxes and Babies

Just because it's one of my favs I wanted to share this layout of my Goddaughter's beautiful baby, now a toddler so more pictures bound to follow as she's a real camera loving cutie.



I used Anita's outline stickers on Papermania's Kraft tags and inked over the top with an ink pad before removing the stickers to reveal the original white of the tag.  The leaves and branches were created using a Tim Holtz die and for other embellishments I used a couple of  Xcut punches and my old faithful Craft Robo.

Now to the important task of bargain hunting. Yesterday I picked up two small wooden boxes for £1 each both with nice clasps and hinged lids in The Works (check their website for your closest store www.theworks.co.uk) .

The larger box had metal corner pieces which were glued, I removed these as I want to cover the entire box in paper. This caused a little damage to the top of the box so I'll glue some light weight chipboard on top before covering it. The locks and hinges can be unscrewed so I'll remove and refit them once the boxes are covered.

 
The smaller box has an acrylic window in the top, perfect for a peak at a mini book inside.
These are just two of the range available so I think I'll probably be grabbing some more at some point.
 
Hope you all have a lovely crafty weekend. x
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your god daughter's baby is too cute!! What a sweet heart she is! Fabulous scrap book page Michelle, love the delicate colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely page, I really like the way you have layered it up :-) And the bargain boxes.... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely page I love the scrapbook page xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout of your Goddaughter.

    ReplyDelete